Are you unhappy with the way your teeth look? Do you feel insecure about smiling for photos or meeting new people? If either of these scenarios applies to you, then you now have a proven and effective route to smile perfection with porcelain veneers in Dublin. Read on to learn about the process and to discover how it can rejuvenate your appearance!
What are Porcelain Veneers?
Custom-crafted from the choicest ceramics available, porcelain veneers are thin pieces of material that can be placed over the teeth in the smile zone to mask such issues as gaps, misalignment, crowding and tooth discoloration. Thus, instead of waiting months to see results, you can have a head-turning smile in just a matter of weeks.
When you visit your cosmetic dentist for an initial consultation, the current condition of your front-facing teeth will be assessed to determine the right shade, shape and size of veneers that will fit seamlessly into your smile line to leave you with a beautiful new look.
How Does the Porcelain Veneers Process Work?
The placement of porcelain veneers is rather simple. Here are the usual steps that are taken:
- Numbing – If you have a history of tooth sensitivity, your cosmetic dentist will apply a numbing medication to prevent any discomfort during the placement process.
- Preparatory Work – So the veneers can fit properly with your other teeth, a thin layer of enamel is removed.
- Bite Impressions – Following the preparatory work, bite impressions are captured and used to create a smile plan just for you. The information will be sent to a lab that will custom-fabricate your veneers to your dentist’s specifications.
- Temporary Veneer Placement – It typically takes one-to-two weeks for the final veneers to return from the fabrication lab. To protect your teeth while you’re waiting for your permanent veneers, you’ll be fitted with a temporary set.
- Final Placement – Once your veneers are ready, you’ll be invited back to your dentist’s office for the final placement. Before the shells are permanently placed, they’ll be shaped and shaded (if needed) to ensure you’re left with a smile that dazzles.
Why Your Smile Matters
As cliché as it may sound, when you look better, you tend to have an improved overall outlook about yourself. In a world full of stress and deadlines, how good would it feel to be happy about your appearance?
There’s evidence that heightened self-esteem is a plus for your overall health, and this phenomenon can partly be attributed to the secretion of such hormones as endorphins, oxytocin, dopamine and serotonin. They all help to reduce inflammation and to fortify your immune system.
Thus, having your smile rejuvenated offers far more than just a positive first impression. It could actually add fruitful years to your life!
About the Author
Dr. Eric Buck earned his dental degree from The Ohio State University College of Dentistry. Throughout his career, he has maintained a zest for learning, which is why he has taken hours of continuing education courses, which includes advanced training from the Spear Education Society. Dr. Buck leaves patients eager to smile more by placing porcelain veneers at Distinctive Smiles, and he can be reached for more information through his website.