Invisalign in Dublin, OH
According to the American Association of Orthodontists, the development of alternative braces systems like lingual braces, tooth colored braces, and clear alignment tray systems has dramatically increased the number of adult patients seeking orthodontic care. Invisalign orthodontics from Distinctive Smiles of Dublin are one of the most popular, effective orthodontic treatment options for adults and teens. If you’re interested in orthodontic treatment at Distinctive Smiles, call to schedule your consultation today.
How Invisalign Works
A straighter smile without the hassle or embarrassment of traditional braces is available. For patients who decide Invisalign is the right treatment option for their smile, the process is simple:
- X-rays, impressions, and digital images are taken of your current smile.
- Using the information about your alignment, we develop a plan to gradually shift teeth into proper alignment.
- You’ll be able to view digital mock ups of your potential smile, and make changes in real time so you feel confident about the outcome of treatment.
- Once we have accurate plans for shifting your current bite to a transformed smile, we send the images, impressions, and plans to our Invisalign lab. There, your alignment trays will be crafted to fit your unique plan. Each set of aligners represents a stage in your smile slightly closer to the finished product.
- Once your trays are ready, you return to Distinctive Smiles. We make sure your first set of alignment trays fit comfortably, and discuss the treatment plan moving forward.
- By wearing the aligners for at least 20 hours a day, a consistent pressure is placed on teeth slowly shifting them into place
- Once teeth have moved into alignment with one set of trays, you’ll switch to a new set. Typically, this occurs every two weeks.
- Every treatment plan is unique, but most patients complete the Invisalign system within a year.
Benefits of Invisalign
In addition to making smiles look great, Invisalign clear braces systems have numerous health, comfort, and convenience benefits including:
- Prevent oral health issues – Crooked, crowded, or gapped teeth make consistent brushing and flossing more difficult. Straighter teeth are easier to care for, and patients with properly aligned teeth are less likely to experience tooth decay or gum disease.
- Comfortable – Compared with standard, metal braces, patients report experiencing much less discomfort while using Invisalign alignment trays.
- Minimal lifestyle change – Because alignment trays are removable, there’s no need to make changes to diet or oral hygiene routines. Simply remove aligners during meals or while brushing and flossing.
- Look great – While you straighten your teeth, the clear plastic aligners ensure your smile looks great from start to finish. No need to hide your smile, cover your mouth while talking, or feel that others are perceiving you differently because of your braces. All anyone will see is beautiful results.
Invisalign FAQ’s – Dublin, OH
Clear and Concise Answers to Your Invisalign Questions
Everyone has seen those awkward high school pictures of teenagers wearing metal braces that protrude from their mouth screaming, “Look at me!” With this image floating in your mind, the last thing you want to think about is wearing traditional braces. Thankfully, there is now an alternative that provides the same amazing benefits – just in a more desirable manner. The Invisalign process of fixing crooked, gapped, misaligned or crowded teeth has revolutionized orthodontic care, but what are the important details you need to know about the procedure? As you continue reading, you’ll discover the answers to five of the leading questions about Invisalign. Therefore, you can feel comfortable about contacting us at Distinctive Smiles to achieve a more aesthetic and functional set of teeth with the expert care of Dr. Buck!
What is Invisalign?
To replace the metal brackets, elastic bands and wires that traditional braces are known for, the Invisalign process utilizes a series of clear, plastic trays to precisely and carefully adjust your teeth until they are properly aligned. To continue to see progress, you’ll wear each set of trays for two-week increments and then exchange them for the next set in the series until your teeth are straightened sufficiently.
Will I have to wear a retainer?
No matter what type of orthodontic treatment you undergo, you’ll need to wear a retainer after it’s completed. This is due to the fact that the bone that lies beneath the gum line has to form around the new position of the tooth roots. Until this is accomplished, your teeth can easily regress. So to prevent this from happening, it’s a requirement to wear a retainer after your Invisalign treatment concludes. By complying, you won’t have to worry about losing your results.
How long is Invisalign treatment?
For an accurate forecast of how long it will take to complete treatment with Invisalign, you’ll need to visit Dr. Buck for a consultation. At that time, he’ll determine the severity and type of malocclusion (poor bite) you have, so he can map out the perfect plan to meet your needs.
On average, though, Invisalign is a faster method of bite correction than the traditional braces route. In some cases, treatment can be completed in 12-18 months.
How do I clean my Invisalign trays?
Once you’re on the path to having your bite corrected with Invisalign, the last thing you want to do is to compromise your efforts. Thus, it’s important to keep your trays clean to prevent the growth of bacteria.
When you remove the trays, always be sure to rinse, gently brush and soak them, and to store them in the case that is provided in a moderate-temperature environment. This will help to prevent any warping or cracks.
How much does Invisalign cost?
The first thing to take into account when considering the cost of Invisalign, is that it’s a highly customized procedure. Thus, the number of trays needed, the amount of treatment time and any other tweaks that need to be made will factor into the final cost.
When you visit for a consultation, we’ll provide a detailed cost estimate for your orthodontic care. Therefore, you can plan accordingly.
Now that you’ve learned more about Invisalign in Dublin, the next step is to give us a call at Distinctive Smiles to schedule an initial visit with Dr. Buck. The smile of your dreams awaits you!
Contact Us to Find Out More
If you’re interesting in finding out more about the Invisalign and ClearCorrect tray alignment systems or Six Month Smiles, call our Dublin dental team today. Our skilled Invisalign dentists look forward to helping you straighten out your smile in style.