Dental Checkups & Teeth Cleanings – Dublin, OH
Clean, Healthy, & Beautiful
At Distinctive Smiles of Dublin, our caring dental team makes every appointment quick, comfortable, and pain free. Our goal is to ensure that every dental patient looks forward to their twice annual dental checkups and teeth cleanings in our Dublin, OH dental office. If it’s been one or more years since your last visit, you’re looking for a new dental office, or you want to turn over a new oral hygiene leaf, don’t hesitate to contact us. Our dentists and dental team are here to help you achieve your smile goals. Schedule a teeth cleaning visit today, and start seeing happier healthier smiles tomorrow.
Why Choose Distinctive Smiles of Dublin for Dental Checkups & Teeth Cleanings?
- Highly-Trained Team of Dentists
- Excellent Customer Service
- Stop Problems Before They Begin
Importance of Twice a Year Teeth Cleanings
During the First World War, the government engaged a team of dentists to determine how to combat the devastating oral health recorded among recruits. The solution they came up with was regular dental examinations and cleanings. Before this time, patients usually sought care after dental decay or damage occurred. By shifting to a preventive focus, the dental community has dramatically improved oral health in the US. Here are some of the many reasons twice a year teeth cleanings and dental exams have improved oral health:
- Many oral health concerns are not apparent to non-professionals until extensive damage has occurred. Regular visits allow for early detection and conservative treatment. For instance, gum disease and oral cancer frequently have little or no side effects, but can be detrimental to health when left untreated.
- Bruxism (teeth grinding and clenching) and temporomandibular joint (TMJ) disorder frequently have symptoms that are not directly connected to the mouth. Both concerns cause headaches, back and neck aches, and other pain that doesn’t seem relevant to oral health. However, these conditions are apparent to our dental team right away.
- Regular brushing and flossing alone, no matter how thorough, cannot remove all the bacteria and plaque built up on teeth. This is especially true for the biting surfaces of molars which frequently have crevices too thin for even a single toothbrush bristle to access. Our hygienists provide thorough cleanings that remove difficult to access bacteria and plaque. We also remove calculus, hardened plaque sometimes referred to as tartar, that cannot be removed at home.
What to Expect During Your First Visit
At your first dental visit, our team greets you warmly, and takes the time to understand your oral health goals. Every person is unique, and we strive to provide patients with individualized care. Before we get started on your exam and cleaning, we x-ray your smile so we have a comprehensive picture of your oral health from the inside out. We use digital x-rays that significantly reduce the amount of radiation exposure, and allow patients to view their dental scans with their dentist on a chairside monitor almost immediately. Your Dublin dentist examines your current oral health screening for signs of tooth decay, gum disease, oral cancer, TMJ disorder, and bruxism.
Finally, we thoroughly clean teeth removing plaque and tartar buildup from even the most hard to access areas, and our dentist and hygienist discuss at home care recommendation and future treatment with you one-on-one. Throughout the visit, your comfort is our top priority. We offer a range of patient amenities including blankets, pillow, headphones and more. Need something? Just ask. We're happy to help.
How We Can Help
If you need more information, have questions or concerns, or are ready to schedule your appointment, we’re here to take your call. Contact the skilled dentistry team at Distinctive Smiles of Dublin today. We can't wait to help you see the smile of your dreams every time you look in the mirror.
I Need a Checkup & Cleaning I Need a Dentist for My Child I am Concerned About Bleeding Gums I Have a Cavity or Broken Tooth I am Missing One or More Teeth I Want to Enhance My Smile I Want a Straighter Smile I am Scared of the Dentist I am in Pain & Need Help I am Concerned About Sleep Apnea I Have Pain in My Jaw View Our Services