When is the last time you laughed without worrying about the look of your smile? Better yet, can you remember the last time you were able to eat your favorite foods – has it been that long? If these questions stir a since of melancholy inside of you, then it’s time to do something about it. The problem is that you have missing teeth, and the simple solution is to replace them with the best option possible, which are dental implants. If you’re wondering why they are the best solution, then continue reading for the answers.
What are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are surgically inserted posts that are affixed to your jawbone. Made from titanium, they are super sturdy and biocompatible, so your bone material will eventually fuse with and encase them, providing a solid foundation.
Here are 5 Facts About Dental Implants
When considering the dental implant procedure, keep these 5 facts in mind:
- High Success Rate – One comforting statistic is that the success rate dental implants is up to 95 percent. It’s worth noting that the skill of your local dentist and your ability to maintain healthy lifestyle practices factor greatly into the success of the implant procedure.
- Look and Feel Natural – Recipients of dental implants also enjoy the fact that they look and feel natural. That translates into greater confidence, the ability to speak clearly and taste food better.
- Lifestyle Restoration – Your lifestyle will be restored with dental implants, meaning that you will once again be able to bite down into an apple or enjoy a juicy steak.
- Act as Roots – One of the reasons that implants are so sturdy is that they act as the roots of your teeth by attaching to your underlying bone, something no other method of restoration can offer.
- Help Protect Your Other Teeth – Because they act as roots, implants protect the health of your other teeth. This is because your ivories maintain stasis through a degree of tensegrity, where they all apply enough force on each other to signal to your jawbone to continue producing new material. Furthermore, having an implant prevents the shifting of your other teeth that can lead to misalignment, facial collapse and premature wrinkling.
Why the Time is Now to Act
The time is now to act because the longer you wait, the more your bone mass will decrease, which can compromise your chances of receiving treatment. This is because you must have enough healthy jawbone available for the implants to safely and effectively attach to.
To learn more about this procedure and schedule an appointment to find out if you are a good candidate for dental implants, just reach out to your local oral expert today.
About the Author
Dr. Dennis Buck earned his Doctor of Dental Surgery degree from The Ohio State University School of Dentistry. A member of the prestigious Spear Education Society and several other professional organizations, Dr. Buck offers precise and passionate care at Distinctive Smiles of Dublin. He can be reached for more information about his services through his website.