For years, you’ve desired to have perfectly straight teeth, but that goal has eluded you. The time has come for you to take action, but there’s one thing that causes hesitation, though – you’re not too fond of the idea of wearing metal braces. You wonder, “Is there not another way to have straight teeth?” Your local dentist says there certainly is an alternative – Invisalign in Dublin. As you continue reading, you’ll learn why this is such an attractive option for perfecting your smile.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign clear aligners are custom-made BPA-free plastic trays that comfortably fit into your mouth and adjust your teeth to their correctly aligned positions over time. The process starts with your dentist doing the following:
- He’ll take X-Rays, impressions and digital images of your current smile.
- Based on the condition of your teeth, your dentist will be able to create a treatment plan that will comfortably and gradually adjust them with each new set of trays that you place in your mouth.
- Your specific measurements are then sent off to a trusted, in-network lab that will fabricate your new Invisalign aligners.
- Once they are ready, you’ll go back to your dentist to retrieve all of the trays, each to be worn in two-week increments and discarded for the next pair in the sequence. You’ll continue this pattern until you’ve completed the treatment process.
By the time the last set of trays is worn, you’ll have a beautiful new smile!
The Advantages of Invisalign
Here are some of the reasons many people prefer the Invisalign method over other means of straightening their teeth:
- They are removable. Thus, you can eat the foods you love and practice excellent oral hygiene, including brushing and flossing as normal. Just be sure that you wear them for at least 22 hours per day to ensure that your teeth are adjusted on schedule.
- You don’t have to worry about the embarrassment of having bulky metal chunks in your mouth when wearing the clear Invisalign trays. They will be virtually unnoticeable.
- Another attractive feature of the Invisalign method is that it usually requires less time to correct your smile than traditional braces, which average a minimum of 24 months for treatment. Although your dentist in Dublin will determine your treatment time based on your condition, on average, wearers of Invisalign have perfect teeth in 12 to 18 months.
Why Now is the Right Time
Now is the perfect moment to make the call to your local dentist for a consultation because there’s no time like the present to feel better about yourself. In addition to experiencing improved confidence, with Invisalign you’ll enjoy functional improvements as well, allowing you to speak clearly and more effectively chew and digest your food. Thus, it’s a win-win across the board!
The path to a new and improved version of yourself starts today!
About the Author
Since earning his Doctor of Dental Surgery degree from The Ohio State University College of Dentistry, Dr. Eric Buck has remained passionate about making a positive impact in the lives of his patients. An affiliate member of several professional organizations, he practices at Distinctive Smiles of Dublin and can be reached for more information through his website.